In 1 Thessalonians 5:23 Paul made this request, “Brethren, pray for us.” It is a simple request and one we desire for ourselves and one another. Sometimes we need some help to know how to pray for one another. Using the example of Scripture here are a few ideas.
- Pray for one other’s Sanctification – II Corinthians 13:7 & I Thess. 5:23
- Pray for one another to Grow in Love, Knowledge and Judgement – Philippians 1:9-10
- Pray for one another to Grow in Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding – Col 1:9
- Pray for the Word to Have Free Course – II Thess. 3:1
- Pray to support in times of Affliction & Sickness– James 5:13-14
- Pray for Boldness in Sharing God’s Word – Ephesians 6:18-19